Saturday, May 15, 2010

All We Are Saying Is Give Ollie A Chance

To the extent possible, I have tried being a fan of Oliver Perez. I was one of the many fans who was glad to see that the Mets signed him last year (to be honest, I think most Mets fans at the time were happy with the signing though you wouldn't know that now). I was even willing to write off last year and start a new year fresh.

I have even felt a little optimism on two of his starts. I even felt a legitimate excuse for his awful outing against the Giants last Sunday because of the weather, but after last night, I have run out of excuses. He made the Marlins look like the '27 Yankees.

I am not usually a conventional wisdom guy but, like everyone else, I have just about given up on Perez. It is time for the Mets to take him out of the rotation.

Also, while we're at it, why is Gary Matthew Jr. still in the major leagues. He has put on about a bad a six weeks of hitting as I have ever witnessed especially for a once relatively decent major league player.

No comments:

Post a Comment