Tuesday, May 25, 2010

R.A. Dickey Wins His 21st Career Game

The Mets played a perfect game tonight against the Phillies and who thought they would be led by a 35 year old career minor leaguer, R.A. Dickey. It looks like Jerry now has a set lineup for awhile and it is a good one especially when Bay and Reyes are hitting. Granted before we go overboard, Jamie Moyer was pitching for the Phillies. I have great respect for Moyer but his pitches look like come for a slow pitch softball game. Between Dickey and Moyer, I wonder if their combined speeds even reached 150. Gotta check the Elias Sports Bureau to find out if tonight was the lowest combined starting pitching speed combo in baseball.

Now that we are .500 and winners of three straight, I am beginning to feel that optimism come back. Even Jeff Francouer got into the action. I am excited but I was also excited after they beat the Phillies in Game one of their first series.

No comments:

Post a Comment