Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ike Davis, 713 from the Babe

Ike Davis has had a great first week as a Met. As I was watching last night's homerun, I said to my wife who was in the other room (she and I are in a mixed marriage---she is a Yankee fan), "In fifteen years, will I tell my future grandchildren that I saw the first homerun of that Met legend Ike Davis?" Could be or could I be watching a future decent player who had a great first five games.

There are lots of guys who had great first weeks whose rookie baseball card sells for a penny (Kevin Maas, Jeff Stone, Eric Anthony and hundreds more and I ought to know because I own most of those cards), but I am not putting a damper on the Ike parade.

They've won five of six and he has been a spark and to top it off, he's got a great baseball name. The Post and News will have fun for years with their Ike tabloid headlines.

P.S.---If anyone is looking for a 1985 Jeff Stone rookie card, please contact me. I was the only one with the foresight to buy hudnreds of Jeff Stone's rookie card at 25 cents each and now they are worth less than a penny each.

Lesson learned---no Met fan should ever invest in a Phillie player's rookie card---it is bad karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment