Wednesday, February 22, 2017

KELLY JOHNSON METS BIRTHDAY QUOTE OF THE DAY FOR FEBRUARY 22ND

Kelly Johnson was born on this day in 1982. Can I just say, over the last two years, Kelly Johnson has been my favorite Met.

I love everything about him--the way he plays, his demeanor on the field and mostly what a clutch ballplayer he is. I am not happy that the Mets do not appear to be signing him for the 2017 season---big mistake. I know the running gag is that we will trade for him in July or August but there is no guarantee of that.

Johnson's MLB career started in 2005. He has played for eleven teams over his long career. Of course as Mets fans, we are most interested in the 2015 and 2016 seasons. In 2015, he hit .250 with 13 ribbies and 5 home runs in 128 at bats. I bet all five were clutch home runs. He did even better last year when he had 183 at bats with a .268 average and 24 ribbies and 9 home runs. Plus, wherever the Mets put him, he fielded the position with expertise.

In honor of my favorite Met of the last few years, Kelly Johnson is the recipient of the Mets Baseball Birthday Quote of the Day,




"He's been huge...He's a guy who can come off the bench and put him in the field or at the plate and he can get the job done."
--Terry Collins, on Kelly Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment