Wednesday, April 19, 2017

FRANK VIOLA METS BIRTHDAY QUOTE OF THE DAY FOR APRIL 19TH

Happy Birthday to former Cy Young Award winner and one time Mets twenty game winner, Frank Viola. Frankie V was born on this day in 1960.

Even though I never met Frank Viola, I felt a kinship with him because he was two years behind me in high school. I know of him in high school because even in tenth grade he was a standout basketball player.

So I followed his MLB career from Day One. I remember his Cy Young Award season in '88 and of course his MVP performance in the '87 World Series for the Twins.

I also remember fondly when he pitched for us and won twenty games in 1990. It is great that he is still associated with the Mets as Triple A pitching coach and a Noah Syndergaard mentor.

In honor of his great baseball geographic lineage and his great player, he is today's recipient of the Baseball Birthday Quote of the Day,





"He's an artist. I love watching him work."
--Sparky Anderson, talking about Frankie V

No comments:

Post a Comment