Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tug McGraw in Quotes and Video

One of the all-time great Mets is Tug McGraw. The man who started the You Gotta Believe Campaign in 1973 which helped lead them to their second World Series.More then that, he was a terrific relief pitcher and one of baseball's all-time great characters (on top of that he is the father of country singing legend, Tim McGraw).

Here are a few classic Tug McGraw Quotes:

"In high schools, colleges and some countries, there learning a game that's not baseball."
--Tug McGraw, on the DH rule

"I have no trouble with the 12 inches between my elbow and my palm. It's the seven inches between my ears that's bent."

"Root only for the winner. That way you won't be disappointed."

"90% of the money I'll spend on good times, women and Irish Whiskey. The other 10% I'll probably waste."

Check out this Tug McGraw, Willie Mays, Ed Kranepool and other player interviews before  The 1973 World Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment