Saturday, April 14, 2012

R.A. Dickey and Mets Beat Phillies--Post Game Quotes

I am an overly optimistic Met fan even with David Wright going on the DL. Still, a game like last night gives me great hope. The Mets beat one of baseball's best pitchers in Cliff Lee. Bay hits a homer, RA gives up one run, Parnell and Francisco are terrific, Hairston hits a homer, Tejada, Murphy and Thole continue to hit....Good signs even with  Murphy's error and Thole's pick off.

Here are some quotes from yesterday's Mets-Phillies Game:

"In my opinion, he out pitched me in a lot of ways. But we were able to make the big pitch tonight."
--R.A.Dickey, on Cliff Lee

"You cannot  let good pitchers dominate you. If you get something, you can hit, you better hit it."
--Terry Collins, on his advice to the Mets about being aggressive against Cliff Lee

"The way things have been going I normally would have missed it or taken it."
--Jason Bay, on his home run against Cliff Lee

"Tonight I had a good knuckle ball for a batter and then it would kind of go away."
--R.A. Dickey

"I looked at the umpire and kind of got a weird stare from him. I don't know what I was thinking."
--Josh Thole, on being picked off after thinking that Dickey's bunt went foul

Check out great sports quotes about baseball hall of famers  at http://sportsquotation.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-ten-baseball-hall-of-fame-quotes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment