Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mets Should Sign Chris Young

I have always been a Chris Young fan since his days in San Diego. Even in his early years in Texas, he showed some real potential. But what I most remember is his 2006, 11-5 record with the Padres. His E.R.A was 3.46. Down the stretch when the Padres made their run, he was virtually unhittable. He became their number one guy. Even in 2007, he put up some terrific numbers with a 3.12 E.R.A. The reality is that since 2006, he has only pitched a little over four hundred innings and his one Met start last year was a terrific one.

We all know about the injuries. Believe me, I was a huge fan last year and knew that it was a harbinger for the Mets season when he went down after the first start. But isn't it worth a flyer to grab him on the cheap?  I still believe he has got terrific stuff and can play a significant role when healthy. Also, as a Princeton grad, this is the year for Ivy Leaguers in New York Sports. I hope the Mets pick him up. It is not a huge gamble on their part and can pay some nice dividends.

No comments:

Post a Comment