Saturday, February 4, 2012

Projected 2012 Mets Opening Day Lineup and Andres Torres

As I look at Met roster and project opening day lineup, I would imagine that as of now, they have to be thinking of Andres Torres as the lead off hitter?  My projection for Opening Day Lineup would look like this, Torres, Tejada, Wright, Bay, Davis, Duda, Murphy, Thole (got to find a place for Turner),  which on the surface is not a bad lineup. Of course it depends on a lot of things like a healthy Ike, a rejuvenated Bay, etc.

I've got to say that Torres had a bizarre statistical year last year. On the down side and it is a major down side, the guy hit .221 in 337 at bats. That is about as bad as it gets. At least, I thought so until I saw that he struck out an incredible 95 times. However, there are pluses (I try to be a Met optimist), he did have twenty four doubles and 19 steals. If he is opening day lead off hitter, it could be one of the largest statistical down grades in history. Going from a guy who lead the league in hitting to a guy who hit .221. That can't be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment